Taş Private Elementary School's history...

Currently the site consists of three buildings. The main building was built by the French in 1884 and is a Grade 2 listed building. Originally used as a police station, the building went on to become a monastic school. After a short period it became a Greek middle school. It was attached to the local Greek community and church. With the decline of the Greek community, the school was used as an alms house.

From 1928 to 1968, it was a middle school serving the needs of the communities of Bakırköy, Yeşilköy and Yeşilyurt. During the period 1968 to 1991, the building was taken over and used by a charity organization. In 1991 the school was refurbished in accordance with its original specifications and opened by Tarık Akan, as Taş Private Elementary School.
 

Since September 1998, the school has been operating in accordance with the newly legislated eight year compulsory education amendment, and has built a new block to accommodate this. In the academic year 2000-2001, the first graduates matriculated from Taş Private Elementary School.